Questar Pools is routinely requested to grace the covers and pages of San Diego Magazine, Decor & Style, San Diego Home & Garden Magazine, Custom Builder Magazine, Home Magazine, San Diego Home Book, numerous manufacturers' brochures and trade publications, including the cover of the book entitled "The Professional Pool Maintenance Manual", and 11 pool photos on the Internet for Wise Software. Profiled in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Millionaire Magazine, Splash Magazine in Australia, and Piscine Oggi in Italy.
- Co-founder of Genesis 3 Design Group. The most advanced design and construction school in the
- Questar Pools is routinely requested to grace the covers and pages of San Diego Magazine, Decor &
Style, San Diego Home & Garden Magazine, Custom Builder Magazine, Home Magazine, San Diego Home
Book, numerous manufacturers’ brochures and trade publications, including the cover of the book
entitled The Professional Pool Maintenance Manual, and 11 pool photos on the Internet for Wise
Software. Profiled in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Millionaire Magazine, Splash
Magazine in Australia, and Piscine Oggi in Italy.
- The Boston based Robb Report Magazine identified Questar Pools/Skip Phillips as
"Internationally... the most influential pool designer." Skip was selected as one of the elite
“Club 21” members in September 1994, along with such names as Armani, Ferrari, and Cartier.
- IQ Magazine/Catalogue 1997 in Hamburg, Germany also identified Questar as the sole resource for
innovative pool design on a global level.
- San Diego Union Tribune- July 1999 “Over the Edge” Skip Phillips of Escondido Takes Pool Design
to the Extreme
- Profiled in the 2001 “Orange County Home Show” television production.
- Questar is profiled in the Barnes & Noble Spring 2002 edition of Dream Pools.
- Featured in a six-page profile in Better Homes and Gardens special interest publication Garden,
Deck and Landscape, Summer 2002 edition.
- Received the highest possible scores in all categories of the Los Angeles edition of The Franklin
Report. Categories: Quality- “Highest Imaginable”, Value- “Worth Every Penny”, Recommend - “My
First and Only Choice”.
- Aqua Magazine, October 2004, “Skip Phillips is Mr. Vanishing Edge. Period. End of story.”
- Architectural Digest, January 2005, pool and spa profiled, Meeting the Horizon in California
- The Robb Report Collection Magazine, July 2005, Water Works article “Skip Phillips is widely
recognized as one of the greats in the industry” “often touted as the finest infinity-edge pool
designer in the world”.
- The Robb Report Collection Magazine, May 2008, “Water Signs”
- Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publications Garden Ideas and Outdoor living,, Summer 2005
edition, Panoramic Oasis article, “The pool design is so interesting and Unique.” “Our entire
backyard is a very special place because of it.”
- Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publications Garden, Deck & Landscape, Summer 2005
edition, Elements of Nature article, “Phillips created an exquisite visual centerpiece unlike any
other water feature.”
- The Home Show, television program aired January 29, 2005 interviews Skip as a guest expert
profiling his projects.
- HGTV profiles Questar projects, twice in 2006, In the Big Splash, Sizzling Outdoor Kitchens.
- Two projects profiled on KUSI San Diego’s Better Homes & Gardens morning show segment with
Constance Ramos- April, 2009
- The World’s Finest, book published in 2006 by Creative Classics, B.C. Canada. Author Michael
Caldwell writes “Accolades abound for what many believe is the finest pool designer in the world”.
- Piscine Oggi of Italy first interviews Skip Phillips (January-March 2000) “The Last Challenge in
- Piscine Oggi of Italy December 2006 profiles Skip Phillips as a premier pool designer/builder
- Piscine Oggi (January-March 2007) “The Pools of Jade Mountain” Feature on Skip Phillips’
participation at the resort on St. Lucia.
- Piscine Oggi (April-June 2007) “The Pool on the Roof that Burns” Feature on a pool built on top
of a garage.
- Piscine Oggi (January-March 2008) “Efficient Silence” Article by Skip Phillips on VDF technology.
- Piscine Oggi (October-December 2008) “How to make a water masterpiece, words by Skip Phillips”
- Luxe Magazine, 2008 Volume 2, Issue 2, Designer Profile, Style Makers
- San Diego Home/Garden, April 2008, pool and spa design profiled, Vanishing Act
- Ranch and Coast, May 2008, design profile, Moving Out, Design Trends
- Garden Deck & Landscape, Spring 2008, pool & spa profiled, Poolside Living
- Luxury Pools, Spring and Fall 2008, Registry of Great Pool Designers, Breathtaking Innovation
- San Diego Magazine, June 2008, featured in Summer Lovin’, Zero Edge
- Pools Spas & Patios Magazine, Volume 4, Number 1, Vanishing Edge Pools, (Other articles include:
Sweeping Vista & A Reflection of Nature)
- The Art of Designing Vanishing Edge Pools-Blurring the Distinction Between Water and Its
Surroundings (Pool & Spa Marketing, October 2008)
- Moving Out Featured by Ranch & Coast Magazine in May of 2008
- Cutting Edges Wrote article for WaterShapes in April of 2007
- Panoramic Oasis Featured by Garden Ideas & Outdoor Living, Summer 2005
- Natural Attraction Featured by Garden Ideas & Outdoor Living, Spring 2007
- Four Sided Transformation- Genesis 3 co-founder Skip Phillips renovated this slick perimeter
overflow pool. Project profiled in Pool & Spa News, May 29, 2009 issue.
- Crediting Teamwork- For the good of the industry, recognize everyone involved. Article written
for Pool & Spa News, May 29, 2009 issue.
- Refining the Planning Process- Activities Preceding Pool Installation. Article written for Pool &
Spa Marketing, December 2009 issue.
- Building a Backyard Oasis- Learn how to create the poolscape of your dreams. Supplied images
for Luxury Home Design, Issue 189.◻ Vanishing Edge Program- Approved for continuing education units for Canadian Architects.
- A Shotcrete Success Story- Article written for Shotcrete Magazine, Fall 2011 Issue
- San Diego’s Best Pools- Step into our swimming pool fantasy. Supplied images of two projects for
San Diego Magazine, August 2012 issue.
- Epic: Pools- Two projects profiled on the same program aired on Destination America (part of the
- Circulation From the Inside- Pool inlet configuration can make a big difference in energy
savings. Experts explain how to achieve maximum efficiency. Contributed for article featured in
Pool & Spa News, October 2012 issue.
- A Transformative Design- Project Profile featured in Aqua Magazine, April 2014 Issue.
- The Pool Master- Project profiled on the program aired on Animal Planet. Hosted by Anthony Archer
- Profiled in “Faces of San Diego”- Featured in San Diego Home/Garden Lifestyles Magazine December,
- Edge of Today-Experts discuss several applications of vanishing-edge technology-Contributed to
Spa News, March 11, 2016 Issue